Notification - change in Lufthansa Cargo process
We would like to inform you that the embargo for all non-hybrid automobiles UN3166 will be lifted as of 24 August 9:00 LT Frankfurt, if the following requirements are met:
- New “Check sheet Automobiles” must be submitted prior a booking confirmation can be issued.,
- Please state “No hybrid electric automobile” on the MAWB / FWB under “Nature and quantity of goods” or “Handling Information.”
- The above MAWB entry for UN3166 automobiles will be validated by Lufthansa Cargo upon the DG acceptance check at the origin station.
Please be informed, that the existing embargo for automobiles/cars subject to UN3171 powered by lithium batteries remains in place.
The embargo also remains valid for automobiles/cars subject to UN3166, hybrid electric automobiles powered by both internal combustion engine / fuel cell and lithium-ion battery or lithium metal battery.
Our team is diligently working to address the situation and find solutions, that will allow us to lift the embargo for all automobiles (UN3166) again.
We sincerely regret the necessary adjustments and the inconvenience these measures may cause. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local Lufthansa Cargo team.
Your Lufthansa Cargo Team
- Complete and submit "Check sheet Automobiles” in order to process your booking request and receive a booking confirmation.
- State “No hybrid electric automobile” on the MAWB / FWB under “Nature and quantity of goods” or “Handling Information.”
- Observe remaining embargoes for the following automobiles/cars on all LH Group flights:
- UN3171 automobiles powered by lithium battery(ies)
- UN3166 hybrid electric automobiles, powered by both internal combustion engine / fuel cell and lithium battery(ies)
- Delays in processing (booking) requests
- No acceptance of shipments
- Potential delay
- Shipment cannot be transported